Notice: Position is Filled
Job Posting – Henderson Economic Development Corporation
Job Title: Director of Marketing and Business Development
Application Period: February 1, 2021 until position is filled
Organization: Henderson Economic Development Corporation (HEDCO)
Address: 400 W. Main Street, Henderson, TX 75652
Job Description: The Director of Marketing and Business Development will lead the business development and attraction, social media programs for HEDCO.
Ideal candidate will be a self-starter responsible for providing expert advice, planning, organizing directing and implementing high-profile marketing initiatives, resulting in successful business recruitment (business attraction) and development. The candidate will also be responsible for enhancing HEDCO’s social media presence
Ideal candidate will have
- College degree in marketing, business, economics, public administration or related field strongly preferred. An equivalent combination of experience, education, and training providing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- A minimum of two years-experience in economic development or related field is strongly preferred.
- Completed Basic Economic Development Course through Texas Economic Development Council strongly preferred.
- Ability to gather large amounts of data, analyze, evaluate and disseminate in a succinct and effective manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to build and sustain relationships with targeted industry executives, site selectors, and industrial real estate professionals.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Sales/client management experience is a plus
Must be willing to occasionally travel, work irregular hours, to attend evening meetings, meet deadlines, and achieve organizational objectives. Reliable transportation and a valid State of Texas Drivers License are required.
SALARY: Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. City of Henderson benefits include health, basic vision, dental, TMRS retirement plan, vacation.
For More Information:
John Clary, Executive Director
Henderson Economic Development Corporation